bei J. Walter Thompson London
At JWT we look to go beyond the obvious and create the extraordinary. We are driven by the desire to constantly push the boundaries of creativity, fed by our own inherent curiosity of what is happening in the world around us. Our four values of Courage, Curiosity, Capability and Collaboration underpin everything we do.
We are looking for a versatile editor who has experience across a range of media including digital and social advertising, promo and hype films.
- Edit a wide range of videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives, directors and producers and clients
- Proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Suggesting or selecting music
- Stay hyper organized in an ever changing environment
- Take part in the ideation process, contributing ideas and creative solutions where relevant
- Research new ways of editing and work as part of the team to ensure you are following the best procedure and workflow
- Keep up to date and accurate timesheets
- Make sure all projects are organised and backed up
- You should demonstrate an active listening style with everyone you work with to encourage teamwork and collaboration.
- Curiosity should be part of your DNA. Seen something interesting online, in a book or in the ad breaks? Always be looking to ask how and why? Work with the team to foster a culture where this inspiration can be shared and discussed.
- You should have a good understanding of how people consume, share, and engage with digital and social video as well as having a good grasp of of narrative and storytelling.
- Detail orientated, can work to tight deadlines and extremely well organised
- Driven by the creation of the highest quality of original creative content and narratives
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Ability to adapt to changes in production plan / schedules
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Relevant level of professional editing experience working in a fast paced professional environment
- Adobe Premiere and After Effects, advanced editing skills
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates and the latest digital workflows
- Understanding of basic color correction within Premiere
- Ability to follow workflow guidelines and naming conventions
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Must be able to understand the big picture as well as perform some of the basic tasks
- Understanding of usage and clearance requirements for music, images and footage