Human Resources Assistant
bei J. Walter Thompson London
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world's best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first to rocket a candy bar into space, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, the first to create an amphibious prosthetic limb, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and smart individual who is searching for their first job in Human Resources. The HR department looks after approximately 400 people in J. Walter Thompson London and its group companies, including Mirum London and Prism.
We are looking for a HR Assistant to complete our team, which consists of a Director of Talent, Director of Learning and Development, one HR Business Partner, two HR Advisors, one HR Assistant and one L&D Advisor. The HR Assistant will report into the HR Business Partner but support the HR Advisors and wider team as required. J. Walter Thompson are currently going through a very exciting period, merging with Wunderman and this person will have the opportunity to learn from this experience. This is a new role due to team growth.
- Supporting the HR Advisors, Business Partner and the wider HR team.
- Taking up references for both prospective employees and providing references to mortgage companies, landlords and banks for current employees.
- Preparing contractual documentation such as offer letters, employment contracts, extensions, transfers, salary changes, long service awards etc.
- Monitoring probationary periods, issuing appropriate paperwork.
- Updating Excel trackers, HR Databases (People HR & Talent Tree) in a timely manner.
- Maintaining visa/work permit checks, alongside our Mobility Coordinator.
- Coordinating company benefits, e.g. company health checks, Bupa, Travel Insurance, gym memberships, flu jabs.
- Organising inductions for new starters and monitoring return of essential paperwork.
- Ensuring all new employees complete mandatory training WWP training and inhouse training.
- Implementing leavers process e.g. return of company property, scheduling exit interviews, calculating holiday pay owed.
- Updating HR Induction and Policy books.
- Coordinating the work experience scheme, supporting HR Advisors.
- Covering for the HR Assistant as necessary during periods of absence or busy workloads.
- Providing necessary information to HR Advisors for payroll changes.
- Raising Purchase Orders on Maconomy, setting up new suppliers and processing invoices.
- Responsibility for creating HR files and archiving as appropriate.
- Calendar and expenses management for the Director of Talent.
- Posting vacancies on various job boards and coordinating interviews as required.
- Main HR point of contact for freelancer platform YunoJuno, engaging with our Account Manager and working alongside JWT Resourcing team to provide weekly freelancer updates and reporting changes.
- Providing weekly Joiners & Leavers spreadsheet to security, facilities, and finance.
- An interest and ambition to pursue a career in Human Resources is essential
- This role is “front of house” for the Talent team so being well presented and having a warm, approachable, helpful manner where nothing is too much trouble is essential.
- Prepared to undertake any tasks requested as per the needs of the wider HR team.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, mainly Word and Excel
- Attention to detail is crucial.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to converse with Senior Management.
- Numerate, organised, productive and able to prioritise and juggle multiple tasks.
- Enjoys working as part of a team, but happy to work alone and able to use initiative as necessary.
- Keen to work in a creative culture.
- Will happily integrate themselves across all agencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.