Front End Developer
bei J. Walter Thompson Toronto
- Create technical solutions that fit the requirements presented to the team using modern font-end web technologies.
- Follow pre-existing programming paradigms as well as write clean re-usable code that is maintainable and follow any existing and/or new frameworks.
- Collaborate with back-end developers to determine solutions that easily integrate with new and/or existing API into the front-end of a website.
- Work on additional online advertising properties including ‘HTML5 banners, DoubleClick Studio, microsites, content entry.
- Explore future solutions and provide working examples to present to the rest of the team.
- As time allows, work collaboratively to innovate in the area of VR/AR, AI, robotics/automation.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 5 – 8 years of web development experience required.
- Experience working in an agency environment preferred.
- Understands how modern frameworks impact web indexing/performance/ranking and how to mitigate such issues.
- Experience with Opensource CMS systems including setup and configuration.
- Required experience with GIT and other source control technologies.
- Experience working on HTML5 banners a huge asset.
- PHP or C# experience an asset.
- Server-side experience with either Linux/Ubuntu and/or Windows IIS an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to learn new technologies and web standards.
- “No job is too menial” mentality is a must.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world's best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.