bei J. Walter Thompson Atlanta
J. Walter Thompson, Atlanta is seeking a Financial Analyst.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills as the role frequently interfaces with multiple Agency departments and Client contacts. These traits should be complemented by advanced analytical skills, a keen attention to detail, and a high level of organization to support multiple initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upload client budgets in financial system
- Scan contracts for proper filing and keep a log of all MSA received and approved
- Assist with client reporting, audit requests and data collection
- Review monthly fee and expense details – pull backup as needed and ensure proper coding of expense
- Calculate and track monthly revenues based on active contracts and client billings
- Prepare pricing schedules as requested
- Fee Reconciliation
- Assist Finance and Management team with monthly invoice process
- Review /approve write-off’s in billing worksheet
- Assist account team with project transfers
- PO creations for media planning resources
- In charge of all travel administration approvals and distribution
- Assist managers with billing worksheet review
- Ensure timely submission of invoices and supporting documentation to client when media billing specialist is not available
- Distribute aged receivables reports to management; assist in collecting commentary
- Maintain billing register and work closely with media billing specialist to submit invoice on a timely manner.
- Prepare for all SOX compliance documents by maintaining the policy book updated and assist Finance Senior Management with all controls
- Maintain all project estimates, approvals, and billings.
- Close project as needed
- Run financial queries upon staff request
- Provide time and expense details to management
- Support the department by maintaining files, contracts and other relevant documentation
- Review unbilled WIP report and provide explanation for each of the potential exposure item
- Ad hoc requests and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business from a four-year college or university required
- At least 4 years of Finance and Accounting experience required
- Microsoft Office software with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Very strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a high level of organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities
- Prior advertising industry experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.