This weekend, JWT MENA was announced as Campaign’s 2013 Advertising Network of the Year, adding to a string of recent awards from Campaign. This news comes on the heels of a remarkable year for JWT’s offices in the region, full of accolades from top awards shows like Cannes Lions and the APG Awards.
Vodafone’s “Fakka” took home several top prizes this year, including the first-ever Gold for Egypt at Cannes, making it the most-awarded idea in the MENA region. Developed for Vodafone Egypt, the campaign launched innovative micro recharge cards that were elegantly positioned as small change, and has become a new form of currency. It is a unique campaign built on a keen insight into and understanding of a local market.
JWT MENA’s awards for 2013 include:
– Gold at Cannes Lions 2013 for “Fakka”
– 23 Awards including Grand Prix at Dubai Lynx 2013
– 21 Awards in total from the 2013 Cristal Awards, including Advertising Network of the Year
– Best Channel Strategy Award for “Fakka” at the APG Awards
– Grand Prix for Innovation for “Fakka” during the 2013 Jay Chiat Awards
– Five Golds, three Silvers and a Bronze at the Effie MENA Awards. “Fakka” won the Grand Prix.
– “Fakka” won Contagious Magazine‘s “Most Contagious Retail Award” and “Audience Award”
We are proud of the recognition JWT MENA’s hard work has received this year and look forward to another year of innovative campaigns in 2014.
Read more about this award on Campaign Middle East.